Monday, March 16, 2009

Sophinator


I feel like I have a toddler all over again.

Sophie is on my 'bad kitty' list today.  

She is not allowed to be on the kitchen counters and for some reason, she cannot get that into her head.  We have tried a squirt bottle- I think she enjoys licking the water off of her fur, and balls of tape- which my dad claims that cats hate.  She is not affected by that either.

This morning, she kept jumping up on the counter behind the kitchen sink and would then climb behind the blinds.  She knocked over a lamp and soap bottles, which are behind the sink, multiple times.  I squirted her, scolded her, put her in time out even, and each time she was let out, she ran straight over to the counter and jumped back up.  I tried setting a chair by another window for her to sit on so she could look out.  But for some reason that didn't do it for her.  She was determined to get to that window behind the kitchen sink. 

After putting her in timeout for the 2nd time, I went over to the sink, picked up the lamp and was rearranging the tape when I heard a buzzing sound.  A fly.  That was the whole reason she was obsessed with that particular window.  A dang fly!

I have a feeling that it's going to be a long summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment