Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 1

I'm going downhill fast.   It hasn't been much more than two hours since I became a single parent for the weekend, and I feel like I am going to die.

 I woke up this morning with a heavy, burning feeling in my lungs.  Erik thinks it's from the chemicals they use to preserve the cadavers that I was working with in my lab last night.  It was extremely powerful smelling, but I don't think I can blame how I am feeling today on that.

I think it's the gosh darned flu. And wouldn't you know it but my man (who recently had the flu- thanks babe.) just left for a trip back East.  And it's snowing today- enough that it is going to need to be shoveled.  

As we were pulling out of the driveway on our way to drop him and Isaac off at the airport this morning, Erik began explaining how I go about putting the plow on the front of the four-wheeler.  "Lay the blade on the ground, lower the hook, click it into the only obvious place, drive forward, snap the other thing onto the end, bla, bla, bla."   As he was talking, I was saying to myself, "Nope.  That is never going to happen.  Not me.  Can't do it.  Don't even know what he is talking about.", all while looking very interested and shaking my head in understanding.  

It's going to be a long weekend.  My mothering skills will be tried, my patience, my compassion, my motivation.  I do have a little man still at home with me to take care of.   The only bright spot in all of this is that I also have a very responsible daughter who will be home from school in only 5 hours.  

I can do this.

I am going to bed now.

Day 1 is not going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment