Thursday, January 28, 2010

Circles

I'm running around in circles with all that the things that need to be done today. It's like I have chore-ADD. I can't seem to stay on task at all! I am folding laundry one minute- mmmm, warm sheets!- and then before I finish, I find myself at my computer working on my writing assignment. Then I'm thinking about what to do for my parent's anniversary gift (40 years!) and then I'm scrubbing the bathroom- but then I realize I was in the middle of folding laundry so I run back to finish that.

What the heck? It's good that most days aren't like this. I wouldn't make it.

But here are a few things that have brought a smile to my face today- even while the chaos continues on in my brain.Have you tried this morning goodness in a box? Oh my! I happened upon it quite by accident. While on vacation with my parents, we stopped at a grocery store to get some breakfast treats to keep in our hotel rooms so that the mornings wouldn't be so rushed. This is the cereal my dad bought for their breakfast. But my mom didn't want cereal- she wanted bananas and yogurt. So early one morning, my dad, still puffy eyed, knocked on our hotel room door with the cereal and milk in his hands. I have been hooked ever since! In fact it was one of the first things I bought after coming home.

It's the perfect combination of healthy stuff, crunchy-ness, nuts, with just a touch of sweetness. Sooooo good! And it keeps me full for hours!

If you want to try it out, buy it at Walmart. It's most inexpensive there. :)

Enough about cereal, onto some other things that have kept my frown turned upside down....

This CD. Lots of happy, good tunes! It's a good one for chore-ADD day!

This book
. If I could eat a book- I would eat this one. It is so delicious. I eat up every word. I'm only on page 55, but oh it is good! Every mother should read it. Seriously.

Lunch today with a friend I haven't seen in a very long time. It was so good to be with her again!

And last but certainly not least, my new laptop bag. It makes me smile every time I see it. I'll have to show it to you sometime.

I hope you are finding things to make you smile today too!

4 comments:

  1. OK, I need that cereal. (And I love Lenka too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one going in circles! I find the more I have on my plate the less I'm able to stay on task because my brain is frantic! Yup, ADD for me for sure. Love Lenka too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed about your day, it's the multi-tasking brain of a mother that's at the root of it. Sometimes I wish I could just turn it off.

    I'm totally gonna try that cereal by the way & the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your cereal at Smith's for $1.99. Hurry! Go stock up :)

    ReplyDelete