It was a wonderful vacation, although I do have to say that I am so glad to be home. Six days of feeling sticky and wet all the time was enough for me!
Here are a few photos....
The last picture was the view from our hotel room. Isn't the water just gorgeous?
Here are the top 10 things that we loved about Cancun, the resort we stayed in, and our vacation in general.
10. We got to use passports! And we now have two stamps in them, which we think is pretty cool.
9. Pesos. Isaac is a major fan of Mexican currency. In fact, he got quite upset every time we tried to spend them. He wanted to take the pesos home to show his friends.
8. Not having get your wallet out every time you sit down for a meal. We stayed at an all inclusive resort and let me tell you- that was really a nice perk! And having an ice cream cone any time you want? Priceless.
7. The Kids Club. Ian loved hanging out in the kids pool and doing the other activities the staff had planned. He was the only child to make a friend. Much to Nicole's disappointment.
6. Not having to be anywhere or follow any particular schedule. We loved waking up whenever, eating whenever, laying around on the beach or at the pool. It was all good.
5. Wearing swimsuits every day!
4. Water aerobics. It was my first time participating in this form of exercise and- wow! It was great fun (I do have some advice to any other newbie.....be sure to check your swim top often as you do a lot of jumping up and down in the water and, a-hem, it may have a tendency to fall down just a bit).
3. Trying to speak espanol. It was great fun trying to talk the talk. I found out that I actually remember a lot of what I learned a million years ago in 7th & 8th grade Spanish I & II. It really is a beautiful language.
2. Visiting Chichen Itza. A- MAZ- ING. It was just given the title of The 7th Wonder of the World and it lived up to that title. There is so much that still has yet to be discovered there too. So fascinating!
1. The number one thing we loved about our vacation???? Coming home! And our home was spotless!
Erik's sister, Lizz, stayed at our house while we were away, to keep Sophie company and apparently cleaned her little heart out the whole time she was here! If anyone needs a good cleaning lady- Oh. My. Goodness. She is good! I mean, the sheets were washed, the carpets vacuumed, the stainless steel appliances were polished, and last but not least, the end of the toilet paper was turned down into a little point. Just like they do in the hotels. XOXO Lizz- you are wonderful!!