Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I am ending my daily thanksgiving series. I have decided to give myself the day off tomorrow....not because I won't be able to find anything to be thankful for (there will be too many things to choose just one!) but because I want to spend the day enjoying every minute with my family.

Today, I am thankful that we have finally made up our minds as to how we will be spending Thanksgiving day. Because of sick children and a few other things that factored in to this decision, we are going to be staying home this year. We will be having our first ever Thanksgiving dinner of our own! I am so excited to spend this holiday (which also happens to be my birthday) here in our own home, together.

I am excited to make pies, to cook a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, and veggies galore. I cannot wait to wear my apron all day, preparing a feast for my family.

I am thankful that we won't have to go out in the freezing weather....unless we want to.

I am thankful that I will have the day to haul out the rest of the Christmas decorations...because today our living room is a mix of two holidays.
And I am thankful for you! Thank you for reading my thoughts, for taking the time to comment, and above all, for being my friend. It means the world to me!

I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, that you get to be with those you love most, eating the most delicious food, having wonderful conversations, and making memories to keep you warm throughout the cold winter months.


Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

4 comments:

  1. He he. I've started getting out Christmas without putting Thanksgiving away too. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for your Thanksgiving series. Its given me something positive to look forward to everyday. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've totally enjoyed your Thanksgiving series. A nice quiet Thanksgiving at home sounds like the perfect way to celebrate your birthday. Your home is beautiful by the way!

    ReplyDelete