Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving past

Here I am just getting around to posting about Thanksgiving when it is now the first of December and our thoughts have turned to all things red and green. This will be the last of it, I promise. But I couldn't resist sharing all about our day.

First of all, my birthday party. It was the best! Balloons, presents, and lots of hugs. What more could I ask for? But it only got better....

I got to prepare my first ever Thanksgiving feast for my own family. I had so much fun ironing the table cloths and napkins, decorating the table, making name tags....because what Thanksgiving table is complete without name tags?
It was like Christmas morning for me, I could hardly sleep in! My mind was racing as soon as my eyes flew open. I learned quickly that there is so much that needs to be coordinated to pull off a meal like Thanksgiving dinner. I had no idea!
Pies to be made (OK, a couple were bought), vegetable platters, cheese and cracker plates (to tide the hungry folks over until the turkey comes out), mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, corn, sweet potatoes, turkey and stuffing. Oh my!

And to end the day (after dashing off to see Megamind- such a cute show!), what else but birthday pie!
This year was truly the best Thanksgiving/birthday ever!

Highlights from the day:

1. I got to decide on what and when to eat- no coordinating with anyone else. :) 2. Leftovers! We have never had Thanksgiving leftovers before! 3. Erik got to watch some football. Something he has not gotten to do on Thanksgiving for many moons. 4. I got a Kindle! Oh ya! and 5. The mini facial I got as I poured the water off the potatoes....the steam did my pores good!

Hope your Thanksgiving was just as pleasant!

Happy December 1st my friends!

6 comments:

  1. So glad that you had a good Birthday/ Thanksgiving. And a Kindle too!? Yay!

    Your first Thanksgiving dinner looks delicious! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great Birth/Thanksgiving day wasn't it. About the only thing we didn't do to make it perfect, was the after-turkey-dinner nap. We need to work on that for next year. Happy Birthday little Turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! A birthday you can be proud of! Good for you birthday/thanksgiving girl! PS I'm so glad the candles were in a pie and not a steamy pile of mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED THIS POST! Your table is beautiful... the napkins, the table runner the glasses & plate color combinations. Wow, you are really good at this!

    More than anything though, I was so happy to hear that you had the best birthday ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous Thanksgiving table! I would expect nothing less from you. :) And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Glad it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I've never seen a nicer Thanksgiving table. I bet your food tasted better from just being on those plates. :-)

    Happy Birthday Young Lady!

    ReplyDelete