My good gravy! It's been quite some time since I last posted. I didn't mean for that to happen, but blogging just kept getting pushed down the list of things that needed to get done.
Here's a little of what's been going on around here.
Notice anything different? Yep! She got her braces off! She was stunning before, but wow! Gorgeous! I keep telling her to smile lots so we get our money's worth. Yikes! I hate the thought of having 2 more kids to put in braces. Orthodontia is a great business to be in. That's all I have to say about that.
Oh yah! Look at the flames! I am another year older and the fire on my cake keeps growing. I'm going to need a fire extinguisher to put it out in the next few years. My lung capacity barely did the job this year. It was such a great birthday- much of it thanks to all of you! I received so many birthday wishes from friends and family- thank you so much!
Thanksgiving came and went (sorry no pictures) and I didn't even take the time to post what I am most thankful for. So if you'll indulge me for a bit, here's my list- as it would have appeared had I posted on Thanksgiving day.
The top 10 things I am thankful for this year.
10. The opportunity to get an education. Sometimes I ask myself if it is worth it- all of the time it requires and stress it creates. But I have to say that yes, it is worth it!
9. Good health. I have always been the one who gets sick around here, but for the past few years, I have been surprisingly healthy. Becoming a germaphobe probably has a lot to do with it. :)
8. A warm home. What a difference adding one more fireplace into our house has made. Cozy and warm. Just like I like it.
7. Electronics. My cell phone, laptop, itouch, camera, dvr....just to name a few. This one may sound very materialistic, but seriously, how would I get by without them?
6. Money. We aren't millionaires by any means, but I am so thankful that we have always had enough to live on and enough to share when needed.
5. The gospel in my life. I couldn't make it through this journey of life without it.
4. Good friends. I have the best friends in the world. Just so you know.
3. Being a mother. It didn't come easy, but I am so thankful that I was blessed with the opportunity. It has taught me so much!
2. Living in this country. Every time I hear the national anthem played, I get choked up. Things aren't perfect here, by any means, but our freedom is priceless.
1. My family. They really are my greatest joy.
I am looking forward to what's ahead as we turn the page on the calendar tomorrow. I still can't believe that it's Christmas time again, but now that it's here, I am very excited! Finals will be here and over before I know it and Nicole will be 16- dating and driving. It's all good and exciting! Another year is almost gone- it's so crazy. But at the same time, as I look back on all that has happened this year, I get so excited about the possibilities of what's to come in the year ahead.
I hope your holidays are full of many good things too!