Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bath-tized

 When Ian was about 5 or 6 years old, he was taking a bath when he called to me  to "come see".  I  walked in to see my little boy covered from head to toe in bubbles with the biggest smile on his face.

"Mom!  I just bath-tized myself!", he proudly exclaimed as the bubbles dripped off of his chubby cheeks.
 Being baptized is something that Ian has talked about for years and has looked forward to since he was a Sunbeam in church. 

In the weeks leading up to his baptism, he would ask me all kinds of questions, showing me that he was really thinking about his decision and what it would mean in his life.  He asked me about repentance and exactly how one goes about repenting when you have done something wrong.

He was very ready for this day and he wanted to make sure that I was too.  He kept asking me if I was going to cry at his baptism.  I asked him, "Do you want me to?"  "Yes", he would say with his cute little smile.
 Ian was very concerned about his white underwear.  He was not about to wear briefs!  He wanted boxers.  I searched and searched for white boxers- and found them at Target where I should have looked first! 
It was an awesome day, one that we as a family will always remember.  The last of our children to be baptized- such a strange feeling.   Time sure has flown by!

 Now before we know it, he'll be preparing to leave on a mission!

Congratulations Ian!  We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Ian! I still remember hearing about his first bath-tism, which was followed by pizza and celebration at Chuck E. Jesus, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So dang cute! Love the bubbles story!

    ReplyDelete