Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thoughts from last week....in one long paragraph.

And a random picture for you to enjoy
I don't like humidity. Neither does my hair. But humid days usually = afternoon thunderstorms around here. I love summer thunderstorms. Ian does not. He is afraid of thunder and lightening. I love being the one that gets to comfort him when they sky looks angry and he says, "It looks like it is going to rain" in a scared little voice. Rain makes chalk drawings look so much brighter. Wet chalk really stains your hands. Wet ground however, makes weeding so much easier. Weeds are my nemesis. I love that word, nemesis. It sounds so evil and sinister. I had an evil dream last night. Erik killed someone and I was afraid the murder was going to get blamed on me. I thought it was funny (after I woke up) that I was more worried about getting blamed for the murder than the fact that my husband KILLED someone. I think all the worrying about girls camp is causing me to have bad dreams. Camp is a week from Monday. Mondays are one of my favorite days of the week. I hope that the Monday that camp starts lives up to all the other Mondays and doesn't ruin it for the rest of the Mondays still to come. That was a crazy sentence. I don't ever want to be old and crazy. I spend time with old and crazy (but very sweet) people at the hospital each week and I really don't want to be one of them some day. I don't want to have hairs growing out of my chin when I am old either. But one or the other is sure to happen. I'll take chin hairs over crazy any day. But wait. If I'm crazy, I won't care if I have chin hairs, right? I'll have to think about that one. I am tired of thinking. I have thought too much this past month. I just want to turn off my brain for a little while and not think about anything other than what I am going to eat next. Speaking of eating, it's that time again. Grilled pork chops for dinner. Yummm. I love grilled food. Just can't get enough of it. Speaking of enough, that's what this paragraph is. Enough.

Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. Love this picture of you. Cute post, it makes me miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This long paragraph made me smile, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, you are awesome! I love reading your blog. I really like your style of writing.

    ReplyDelete