Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lest We Forget

I love 5-year-old artists. I love their attention to detail- everything from the indents in your ears to the color of your skin. Ian was drawing a picture during church last week and when he handed it to me, I was a bit surprised. He must have seen the look on my face because he quickly explained that the dark brown faced man he had drawn was "tanning". The detail! :)

Whenever he draws pictures of our family, he is always careful to draw us as accurately as he can. He usually draws his mom and dad with longer legs and arms than the rest of the family (the tradeoff? we have smaller heads), he tries to draw just the right amount of hair that each of us currently has (which can be tricky around our house), but lately, he has added a new detail. Our ages. Just in case we have forgotten how old we are.

He kindly labels each character he has drawn, and then puts their age next to it.

I am absolutely thrilled with the age he has given me. I don't have the heart to tell him he is a few years off. I'm afraid it would squelch the budding artist within him.

So for as long as he continues this practice, I am forever 32 years old. And that is an age I can live with.

3 comments:

  1. I like your age too & if we are the same age that means I must be 32 too. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah like Christy said, we are the same age which makes us all 32!! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're almost the same age. I'm jealous, because you've accomplished more in your 32 years than me. You have more kids, their older, and I like your car more. :-) Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete