Thursday, August 6, 2009

What a pain!

This morning I had the worst time putting my contact lens in my left eye.  I worked on it for about 5 minutes, trying and trying to get it in.  I think I used half a bottle of saline solution washing it over and over again because it kept falling into my bathroom sink.  I have never had such a tough time before.

But after much work, and a few cuss words, I got it in.  It felt strange though.  It was blurry and my eye felt sticky.  I decided to take it out again- check to see if it had flipped.  It hadn't.  So I tried again for another 5 minutes and got it in.

I spent the day feeling like I was looking through blurry eyes, wondering if I was getting an eye infection or something.  

By the end of the day, I had a pretty bad headache.  I was more than ready to take my contacts out when evening came.  I tried to take out my right contact- but I couldn't find it at first.  Instead of panicking, I went for the left one- which was the one that was bothering me the most all day.  I pulled it out and it felt funny.  I looked closer at it.  

Both of my contacts were there in my hand- stuck together like glue!  

No wonder I had such a hard time getting the left one in today.  No wonder my vision was blurry all day and no wonder I ended the day with a splitting headache.

I have no idea how that happened.  I guess that's what I get putting my contacts in so early in the morning when I was still half asleep.  

Now I am left to figure out which contact is which.... 

3 comments:

  1. So terrible, I've done that before, it is NOT fun! Hope you have a spare pair so you can just start over. You'll drive yourself crazy tryin to figure out which is which.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would never happen to me. I am so blind in both eyes that it would be impossible for me to notice a contact missing from my right eye. I have mixed them up though - that is a pain!

    ReplyDelete