Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Checking in

I'm writing from a magical place.  A place where fireflies really do exist.  Where the sounds at night make you feel like you are on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.  Where the air feels like you are getting a warm hug all the time.  Where you feel like you are in a storybook as you drive down winding lanes.  Where every corner you turn is a breathtaking view.  Where am I?

I am visiting friends in Pennsylvania.  And it is true, they really do live in a magical place.  Every time I have come here, I feel that way.  And what's even more amazing, is that they are the perfect host and hostess.  

They have a beautiful, spacious home with a comfortable room prepared for you when you come- with fresh towels and soap waiting on a lamp lit table for you.  Chocolates or some other treat are on your bed.  Every comfort is thought of.  And they take you places they have been to with every other guest who has come through their door (and they have a LOT of guests!), but they make you feel like it is their first time and that they are enjoying it like they were seeing it for the first time themselves.

Yesterday I got to go to a place I have long wanted to visit.  Mt. Vernon.  George and Martha Washington's estate.  Walking in that place, the same place where George Washington walked, was an experience I won't soon forget.  I promise to post pictures soon.  I'll just leave you with that little taste for now.

We also visited Washington D.C.  A.Mazing.  That place is where it happens.  Where it happened.  History in the past and history in the making.  And I loved every minute of it. I got to see monuments, museums, the capital, and the White House- oh the White House!  It was raining, and as I was looking across the large lawn, through dripping wet eyelashes, at the home of our Presidents, past and present, I felt so proud to be an American.    Pictures will also be coming soon.

Tomorrow, the beach.  Not sure I will post pictures of me in my swimsuit- no, I just had a visual of that, and I definitely will NOT be posting pictures of that, but another glorious, magical day is sure to be had.

I wish that everyone could come to this place, could stay with such amazing people, and experience what I have.  But I promise to write soon- to share what I can- so in some part, you can enjoy some of what I have been seeing and doing the past few days~  see you soon!

4 comments:

  1. OH I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!! That sounds like an AMAZING trip! I would LOVE to go see the museums, capital, white house etc.! I am living vicariously through you, Becky! I can't wait to see all your fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already miss you. Thanks for an amazing trip. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the pictures? I can't wait to see what we did.

    ReplyDelete