Monday, June 14, 2010

One bit of my weekend

This weekend a few members of our family attended the Utah Hemophilia Foundation's Blood Run. It is a great event, one that our family looks forward to participating in each year. Erik and I were volunteers while Nicole and her friend Mallery ran the 5k.

Here they are before the race.....
And here they are right after.....still smiling (I'm impressed!) They ran it in 27 minutes! Way to go girls!

Erik brought up the tail end of the runners, following on his four-wheeler. He was EXHAUSTED after the race! But he still managed to give me a smile and a thumbs up. :)
It was a great event (freezing cold though!) for a great cause- and a fun way to start our weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, they look amazingly refreshed after running a 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a cause to run for! I think I would run for clothes that put themselves away. Or meals that prepare themselves in the fridge. Or a car that never ran out of gas. I would run forever for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Nicole is just so beautiful, she looks just as pretty right after running a 5K as she always does! Oh & P.S. I don't know who "Kelly S." is, but I would like to, I loved her comment above! :)

    ReplyDelete