Wednesday, June 23, 2010

He wants to marry her

but he doesn't know her name....

The other night after putting Ian to bed, I walked past his room and he was sitting at his table writing something. I asked him what he was doing and he showed me this letter. It says, "I like you that I don't know, will you marry me, by Ian."

"Wow" I said. "What do you think?" he asked. "Who is the lucky girl?" I asked him. "She's a twin and she's pretty." he said. "What's her name?" I asked. "I don't know." he said.


He took the paper back and said, "I forgot to do something." and then he was busy writing away again. When he was finished, he handed the paper back to me. On the back of the letter, he had drawn the 'pretty twin' and himself holding hands with little hearts floating around their heads. Along with, "I luv you" .
"Is it good?" he asked? "Very good." I said. Then I tucked him in and kissed his little forehead. He got watery eyes and said in a quivery voice, "I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too." I said. But then I explained to him that it would be a very long time until he got married and moved away. He nodded his head a few times as though he understood what I was saying. I never know if he really does. :)

Today he gave the little girl his letter. I asked him what she said when he gave it to her. He said that she didn't want to say anything. "She just read it and then ran away." He didn't seem to mind. I guess he wasn't expecting an answer today.

I'm glad. I'm not ready to give my boy away just yet.

2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest thing I've ever read! Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO adorable! What a cute thing for him to do.

    ReplyDelete