Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sally Lunn Bread


As if Christmas morning wasn't amazing enough, I am going to share one more thing that you can do to make it just that much more memorable- and tasty!

Behold the infamous Sally Lunn Bread recipe! (It's what's been served on Christmas morning since I was a young little thing- and still to this day!)

Sally Lunn Bread

1/4 c. shortening
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. lemon extract

Mix together and pour into a greased 8X8 pan

Topping:
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 Tbs. lemon rind (or 1/4 tsp lemon extract)
1/2 Tbs. butter (melted)
dash of nutmeg

mix together and sprinkle on top of the batter- bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes

This cake is best served warm, and with hot chocolate! Enjoy my friends!!!

And I wish you all the merriest of Christmas'!

XOXO

oh! I almost forgot...I usually double the recipe! It makes for great Christmas lunches too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment